1. Colombia is the third largest IT services provider in Latin America behind Brazil and Mexico; sales reached $2.24 billion USD last year.
2. According to the IMD, Colombia has the best qualified work force in South America.
3. More than 40% of Colombian university graduates speak English fluently.
4. Colombia has 9 submarine cables. So the occasional shark? Not a problem.
5. Colombia features one of the lowest costs in the region for telephone and Internet services.
6. According to IDC, during 2013 the IT market in Latin America reached $129.85 billion USD, a growth of 14.2% compared to 2012.
7. The largest IT companies in Colombia are: IBM, Oracle, Carvajal, SAP, Experian, Computec and Indra.
8. Colombia offers major tax incentives to foreign IT companies that want to open an office in the country.
For those located in Ontario, Procolombia is planning a bit tech event bringing 70 tech companies from Colombia. This event will be held at Metro Toronto Convention Centre on October 29, 2015. Toronto@Procolombia.co